Ukiyo-e (Prints of the Floating World)
* What was the "Floating World"?
* What were the origins of ukiyo-e?
Making Japanese Prints
* How is a Japanese print made?
* What were the stages of printing?
* What type of paper was used for Japanese prints?
Editions and Impressions
* How many impressions were made of each print?
* How do you identify states or editions?
* What makes an impression good?
Inscriptions and Seals
* How do we interpret inscriptions and seals?
Authenticating Japanese Prints
* What is an original print?
* How do I know my print is an original?
Grading Japanese Prints
* How do you grade the quality of a print?
* What is my print worth?
Care and Repair of Japanese Prints
* How should I store my prints?
* How do you attach a Japanese print to a mat?
* How quickly do Japanese prints fade?
* Will UV glass protect my prints from fading?
* Can a glued print be removed from its backing?
* Will restoration increase the value of my print?
* What is foxing?
Genji-mon (Crests for the Tale of Genji)
* What are Genji crests?
Mitate-e ("Look and Compare Pictures")
* What are mitate-e?
Onnagata (Actors in the "Woman's Manner")
* Who were the onnagata?
* What was the history of the onnagata?
* Were gold and silver used on ukiyo-e prints?
* What were sumptuary edicts?
* How were crepe prints made?
Tanka and Kyôka
* What type of poetry was used in ukiyo-e?